Tuesday 29 August 2017

My Vintage Cover: The Red Gloves Edition

Another vintage cover! I'm really pleased with myself for doing three this month. although there was still one more that I really wanted to attempt. Oh well, next time!


This was one I spotted in a book I borrowed this month from the library (you would have seen about it in the newsletter if you are a subscriber), called "Cover up: the art of magazine covers in Australia" by Robert Holden. It has lots of great Australian covers that I hadn't seen before, and this one really caught my eye.


The editing on this one was actually much easier than the others. Most of it was playing with the details of the black and white filter and removing the effect on the gloves and lips. I'm not much of a make-up person, but I wanted to get that drawn outline look on the lips so I actually used eyeliner. Which made me look crazy, and it didn't even show up in the end! Luckily only the baby saw me like that, and it was his fault for waking up, really.

If you missed my other covers, there was the yellow polka-dots and the red beret, and also make sure you keep checking the #myvintagecover hashtag on Instagram - there have been some amazing efforts!

Thank you everyone who has joined in or supported those who have with your encouraging comments.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Another fun image! August really got away from me, both in terms of life stuff and in terms of the Vogue cover fun, but it's been lovely seeing the way you've interpreted it. I will have to try and do my own sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know Nicole will be continuing her covers occasionally, and we'd still love to see covers even though this month is over.

      Delete
  2. This cover is gorgeous. Those red gloves are a winner. You sure are talented creating these vintage covers. Thanks for sharing.
    Marilyn and Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS ONE! Ohhh the red gloves look so great. I love this series you have done, so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed this one too (and they are great gloves).

      Delete
  4. Another great image. So dramatic! If only the baby could have told you what he thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd be guessing his reaction was "perplexed"!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig