Thursday 13 September 2018

Introducing "Cherry Stripe" - a 1940s-inspired snood with striped bows

I have a special Snoodtember present for my vintage-loving crocheters: a brand new (and completely free) pattern for a vintage-inspired snood! We've called her "Cherry Stripe" (Aussie chocolate pun intended).


I was actually inspired by a vintage image of a pretty plaited hair style with three giant striped bows in it, which I thought would translate beautifully into a snood decoration.

As you may know, I'm not a crocheter myself, let alone a crochet designer, so to make this vision a reality I needed a partner with serious crochet mojo. Luckily, I have one in my sister Rhiannon (of Parlour Duck Crafts). She has surpassed my expectations with this design, and written up a detailed pattern so that you can make your own!


Feeling inspired? You can download the pattern now (and it's free!) and get started!

I'm really proud that Rhiannon and I have been able to create a completely new snood pattern to share with you and we would love to see your creations!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig