Each month I'll focus on an era and explore and make some of the hat styles that were popular in that time. I'll be starting at the 1960s and working my way backwards.
|Studio portrait 1880s, State Library of Queensland|
Here are some of the things you can expect to see:
- Information about hats and fashions of the era and how they evolved
- Images, sketches and notes breaking down the styles and construction
- Collaborations with other bloggers and guest posts by knowledgable people
- The occasional tutorial and/or pattern
- Outfits to show off the hats, working them into either vintage styling or a modern look
- Little detours into other accessories of the time
- Lots of hats made by me in the era theme, from accurate reproductions to modern twists, most of which will be available for purchase, while others will be part of competitions and giveaways
|Women at the races 1933, State Library of Queensland|
Plus, your regular viewing continues!
I will still be posting other things, as my life won't always oblige by aligning itself with the series timeframe.
February is Sixties Month!
I've started a preparatory 1960s Inspirational Pin-a-thon, and I'd love to hear any favourites or suggestions for this era (and any of the future ones too!)
|1940s women, State Library of Queensland|
What's your favourite era of fashion or millinery?